Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Purpose

You made me for a purpose
One I may not even see
You made me gentle, gracious
To shine forth all your glory.
You made me to love,
To search, to desire,
And to find you too.
You unconditionally loved me first
And that’s why I love you.

You gave me a gap
Which only you could fill.
You gave me what I chose
You gave me my will.
You let me chose my path
And I chose yours.
It is a path to freedom
With many open doors.

But sometimes I do stray
When not focused on you.
I stop for a moment
To focus anew.
You long to guide me
And to hold me close.
You yearn to save me
And to make me whole.

When I reach the bottom
I’m hopeless, in despair
Only then I listen
To who whispers there.
And once I’ve finally found you,
You wrap me in your arms.
You hold me tight and comfort me
With your gentle heart.

You love me like no other
You love me for forever.
And nothing I can ever do
Will make your strong love waver.
And now to see what you have done
To change my life around.
I see the hurt and sorrow, guilt
You took when I was found.

I see the world for everything
I see evils effect.
Why can we make a coherent choice
To stray from love pure and perfect.
I run to help but am thrown aside
I try to persevere.
I stare at death so coarse and black
And see that it belongs there.

They say that I am in the wrong
But I know how to fight.
I must be in but not of the world
I must be the salt and the light.
I cannot save to world alone
I need your help as a dove
Your grace, your mercy and greatest of all
Your steadfast love.

No comments:

Post a Comment