Saturday, January 2, 2010

Trust

Recently I have been thinking a lot and relating things to each other. I have found that people naturally have different personalities but sometimes the ways people treat others is due to their reactions to problems at home, with friends, or they are desperately lost and don't know what to do but push people away. This can come across as shy, superficially pleasant, or jerky. People want to be loved and never disappointed, and when a struggle comes up people want to know an answer for these trials. They question, "If there is a God and he is good then why would He make me go through these things?" As humans and believers, this is a difficult question to answer because even as smart as we may think we are, our minds cannot even begin to comprehend God's full plan. I mean when I think about it, is a god that I can fully understand and capture in a box really worth worshiping? If I could know everything then why couldn't I worship myself and that be just as valid (and trust me if anyone worshiped me he or she would be bad off!)? If we trust God that He has a perfect plan for us, then we shouldn't question if He knows what is happening or why. Sometimes believing in something that can't be contained is scary like the fear of the unknown, but we just have to have faith. We put faith in friends everyday that they will be kind to us, keep our secrets, and help us in life, but people let others down every day. Some how we seem to get over it and put our faith in that person again and again and are still surprised and hurt when our trust is betrayed. To answer the Why question, I just know that God never leaves us nor forsakes us. The whole Psalm 107 is amazing talking about trouble but a specific great verse to go along with this is Psalm 107:28-30 "Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper, and the waves of the sea were hushed. They rejoiced when the waves grew calm. Then He guided them to the harbor they longed for."

Good night and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Anne! and your blogs! I especially like the part about the fear of the unknown and such... here's my two sense on that.
    "Do not fear the unknown for the unknown is a sham, an excuse, a fake for there is NO unknown because it is already known by the Lord."
    Those words just ring so true once you let them sink in. We worry so much about the next day, week, month, year, but why? We worry because we don't known what's going to happen. BUT this completely contradicts what we say we believe in. We talk about trust and God's master plan, yet we REFUSE to give our daily lives over to him and to surrender our concerns, cares, and worries to him to take on the concerns, cares, and worries of the Lord. We forget how truly rewarding it is when we walk on the straight and narrow lighted path that the Lord provides for us and how much more restful, peaceful, and enjoyable life is when we geniunely "let go and let God" when we give our lives, and consequently our worries [especially about fearing the unknown] over to the Lord and his plan. He promised to take everything from us and make our burdens light!
    "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out? Come to Me. Get away with Me, and you'll recover your life. Walk with Me and work with Me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of My grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me; you will learn to live freely and lightly."
    That is the message translation of Matthew 11:28-30 - "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy-burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
    That's it. That's all. All we have to do is give everything to the Lord. He promises us EXPLICITLY in his word that he will ease our burdens. So be it. Let our burdens be lifted by the Lord through our faithful surrender to his love and grace.

    :) C

    ReplyDelete