Thursday, August 5, 2010

what? Jesus?

Believe it or not, Jesus was super strong and hung out with all the bad kids. It's funny, I know some people who think Jesus is either a super wormy dork or powerless and uncaring or some kind of Hitler type figure constantly hurting, destroying, killing, and hating people. All of these views are definitely very skewed and wrong! We have all fallen short of His glory and need Him. He actually has already sought us out, loves us, and wants a closer relationship with us, every one of us. And when you think about it, we are all the "bad kids," but I know sometimes I definitely forget other people have issues and that we all have our own stories with many bumps in the road. It is so surprising and encouraging to see that everyone is imperfect and broken no matter how powerful or old or popular or "good" and yet He still wants us; He wants shattered vases, broken lightbulbs, burned down houses, and torn dresses to fix, make new and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment